Dawson Neighborhood Organization works to improve the quality of life in Dawson Neighborhood, and to bring all of it’s neighbors together. It reconciles disenfranchisement, and sets a good civic example for others to follow. It provides an authentic public face of the neighborhood to the world.
Every one of our neighbors deserves to have a seat at the table and to have a voice in every issue. Dawson Neighborhood Organization overcomes obstacles to the exercise of free speech by facilitating uncensored community discussion, and respecting and protecting privacy. It enlightens the public of local civic, social, business news and more. It facilitates communication between neighbors and civic leaders. It organizes, publicizes and hosts local events to promote fellowship, safer neighborhoods, art and culture.
- We publish communications sent to us and information from other sources at our discretion. Especially when the informant is a public figure like a City Employee or Neighborhood Association Officer. If you wish to have a discussion with us off the record, or wish your tips to be anonymous, please request this in your initial contact.
- Civic leaders are identified herein by their images and legal names, as verifiable by online sources or copies of appropriate government documents. Nicknames and relationships may be appended as space allows.
- We are staunchly anti-censorship, so we may include content which is not appreciated by all of our readers. We may also decline to remove undesirable comments and posts from public visibility.
- Submitted editorials, comments and posts may be corrected for unintentional errors in spelling, punctuation and grammar, and may be embellished with clearly-delineated notes from the Editor.
- We reserve the right to edit for content in the event that such content violates prevailing law in Austin, TX.
The opinions, beliefs and viewpoints expressed by the various authors, commenters and forum participants on this web site do not necessarily reflect the opinions, beliefs and viewpoints or official policies of the Dawson Neighborhood Organization. All data and information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. We make no representations as to accuracy, completeness, timeliness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis.
While every caution has been taken to provide the most accurate information and honest analysis, our readers must use personal discretion before taking any decisions based on the information we provide. We will not compensate you in any way whatsoever if you ever happen to suffer a loss/inconvenience/damage because of/while making use this information.
Reference or inclusion herein of any media, photos, drawings, names, links, pointers or other information does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by us. Nor is the appearance of these things intended to establish endorsement of us by the people or organizations depicted.
Fair Use Disclaimer
This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who seek to obtain the included information for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, education and research.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond ‘fair use’, you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.